(GSM) The contract talks between Wesley Sneijder and Internazionale have stalled. The Dutch playmaker is disappointed about his club s attitude and won t rule out a return to Real Madrid.
Inter recently stated they wanted to extend Sneijder s deal with two years, until June 2015. But we can t agree on financial terms, said Sneijder s agent, Søren Lerby. The negotiations have stalled and will only continue if Inter comes up with a solution.
Wesley was tracked by many clubs after his outstanding performance at the World Cup this summer, Lerby told De Telegraaf. But he enjoys life in Italy and at Inter and didn t want to turn his back to the club after just one year. He was flattered by (club president) Massimo Moratti s quotes who said Wesley would be Inter s leader fo…
Championship side QPR have relieved head coach Chris Ramsey of his duties and placed Neil Warnock in temporary charge of first-team affairs.
Ramsey initially took the reins at Loftus Road following the resignation of Harry Redknapp in February, before he was given the role on a permanent basis.
However, Ramsey failed to prevent QPR from being relegated from the Premier League and the club finished bottom of the table.
Despite hanging on to key personnel such as Charlie Austin, Matt Phillips and Leroy Fer during in the second tier, QPR find themselves 13th after 15 matches – a 1-0 loss at Derby County on Tuesday sealing Ramsey s fate.
It s no secret that we expected to sell some key players in the summer transfer window, and as such, our target at …
Andrea Pirlo has put pen to paper on a two-year contract extension at Juventus.
The playmaker s previous deal had been due to expire at the end of the month, but he has now committed his future to the Italian champions until June 2016.
Pirlo moved to Juve from Milan in May 2011, and is an integral part of the team who have won three consecutive Scudettos.
A statement on Juve s official website said the fantastic story of Andrea Pirlo and Juventus continues , and the 35-year-old now looks set to end his playing career in Turin.
Pirlo has made 131 appearances for Juve, scoring 14 goals.
He is currently away in Brazil with the Italian national team for their FIFA World Cup campaign, which begins against England on Saturday.
…
Diego Simeone labelled Cristiano Ronaldo the best player in the world but warned his Atletico Madrid squad that Juventus are far from a one-man team.
Former Real Madrid forward Ronaldo has scored 25 goals against Atletico in all competitions, including a hat-trick when the sides met at the last-16 stage in the 2018-19 season.
The Portugal international drew a blank in the reverse fixture two months ago, though, and has struggled for fitness in recent weeks, making him a doubt for the midweek clash.
He always played really well against us. He is the number one, an amazing player, Simeone said at Monday s pre-match news conference.
He always know how to create problems to his opponents. But I don t think it will be just Ronaldo against Atletico Madrid.…
Leon Bailey will not be leaving Bayer Leverkusen in January despite a host of Europe s top clubs courting the 21-year-old winger.
Bailey has emerged as one of the hottest young prospects in world football over the past 12 months, with nine Bundesliga goals to his name in 2017-18 as Leverkusen finished fifth.
He has struggled to make a similar impact this term but his future remains the topic of speculation, with Premier League giants Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea all reportedly showing an interest.
Roma were also linked with Bailey but Leverkusen have repeatedly stated that no offers were made for the forward, and he penned a new deal at the BayArena in August.
That ties him to the club until 2023, although sporting director Jo…
Jurgen Klopp has expressed his frustration at the scheduling of Liverpool s Premier League clash with Watford just 35 hours after Brazil s World Cup qualifier against Uruguay.
Fabinho started for the Selecao as they beat Uruguay 4-1, while goalkeeper Alisson was named on the bench, and the pair will not return to England ahead of the Reds next league game on Saturday.
Instead, Klopp will have to make do without them as they fly straight to Spain in the hopes of featuring in Liverpool s Champions League encounter with Atletico Madrid on October 19.
The German tactician explained that the decision had been made to avoid forcing the pair to isolate for longer than necessary, but bemoaned the fact that Liverpool s European opponents Atletico do not have a league ga…
Diogo Jota will miss the World Cup after suffering a pretty serious calf muscle injury in Liverpool s win over Manchester City.
The Portugal forward was carried off on a stretcher in stoppage time at Anfield on Sunday.
He appeared to overstretch and was clearly fearing the worst in the immediate aftermath.
The news is bad for Jota, Portugal and Liverpool, whose forthcoming games he will also inevitably miss.
It s really not good news. Yes, he will miss the World Cup, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said in a press conference on Tuesday.
It s a pretty serious injury, calf muscle. Now we have to recover. The process starts like this. That s the first diagnosis which was pretty clear.
It s very sad news for the boy, for us, and for Portuga…
Oscar-winner Helen Mirren has revealed that she broke a finger filming her scenes in the upcoming superhero movie Shazam! Fury of the Gods. Appearing on The Graham Norton Show, Mirren said she opted to perform some of her own stunts making the movie, and she got hurt in the process.
“I was incredibly brave and didn’t say anything or complain because I wanted to be a real stunty person,” she said (via EW). Mirren plays the villain Hespera in the Shazam sequel.
That’s all Mirren had to say about her on-set injury for Fury of the Gods. Also in the interview, Mirren said she wanted to appear in the sequel because she loved the first movie, calling it “sweet and funny.” She was drawn to it despite not being a “big superhero type person,” Mirren said.
“But I loved the idea o…
Deportivo Saprissa claimed a record 30th Costa Rican title after edging Alajuelense 1-0 in the second leg of the Torneo de Verano final.
After a scoreless draw in Monday s opening leg, Hansell Arauz was the hero as Saprissa defeated their arch-rivals by a solitary goal in the Primera Division decider at the Estadio Ricardo Saprissa Ayma on Saturday.
Arauz struck five minutes before the half-time break to give the home side the lead, which proved to be enough at the full-time whistle as the Costa Rican giants triumphed by the same scoreline on aggregate.
Not only did Ronald Gonzalez Brenes men win their first championship since taking out the 2010 Clausura title, they also overhauled Alajuelense as the most successful club in the Costa Rican Primera Division.
Sapr…
Left-back Leighton Baines is not taking his World Cup call-up for granted, as England s Brazil preparations intensify.
Roy Hodgson s squad are amid an acclimatising training camp in Portugal this week, and have been spotted donning jackets in the heat to further emulate the humidity that will encompass them in South America.
Everton mainstay Baines, who was long denied a permanent spot in the England set-up by Ashley Cole, said he cannot afford to assume the left-back role is exclusively his with Southampton teenager Luke Shaw also in the squad.
I m not going to allow myself to think I m the main man,’ Baines said from Portugal.
At this level, the competition is always going to be there. You have to keep on your toes and not get complacent because if you don t do…